The advantages of choosing Better2Know
- Accurate Results. From our accredited laboratory
- Fast Results. Results are available 1 to 5 days once your sample is received at our laboratory
- Locations. We have testing locations across the Middle East and the World
- Facilities. Our facilities are modern and clean
- Non-Judgmental. Our staff are friendly and non-judgmental
HIV testing options
HIV, like most STIs, can only be accurately detected at certain times after exposure. The time between the exposure and accurate detection is known as the "window" or "incubation" period. There are 3 types of HIV test which can detect the virus at different incubation periods:
- 10 Day HIV RNA PCR Test – An HIV test that detects for exposures that occurred more than 10 days ago. It tests for the presence of the viral genetic material
- 28 Day HIV DUO Test - A HIV test that detects for exposures that occurred more than 28 days ago. This is a fourth generation HIV test, meaning it tests for HIV antibodies and P24 antigens
- 90 Day HIV Antibody Test – A HIV test that detects for exposures that occurred more than 3 months ago. This is a third generation HIV test, meaning it only tests for HIV antibodies
Better2Know no longer offers the 90 day test as the 28 day test does everything the 90 day test does. You only need to wait 28 days after exposure to have the test, giving you added peace of mind.
Please visit the individual test pages to find out more about each option.
If you choose to test with Better2Know we will not disclose to anyone that you have attended an appointment. However the laboratory where your sample is analysed will follow national regulations in the event of a positive test. This may include providing photographic ID at the time of giving the sample. All Better2Know screens are flexible and you can choose which STIs you wish to be tested for.
Worldwide Testing Options
Better2Know offers HIV testing around the world. If you do not want to have your HIV test in the Middle East, we can help you with other locations: including London, Dublin, Madrid and Johannesburg. The decision is always yours on where to test.