There are different types of HIV tests which can detect the virus at varying incubation periods. An "incubation" or "window" period is the time between potential exposure to HIV and accurate detection with an HIV test.
HIV Testing Options:
28-Day HIV DUO Test (4th Generation)
This DUO test combines an antibody test for types 1 and 2 of the virus, with an antigen test for the p24 antigen. The test is suitable for those who may have been exposed at least 28 days before their test. This is a highly reliable, 4th Generation HIV test and is included in several Better2Know screens, including our Platinum Screen and Full Screen.
This HIV test can detect the virus at just 10 days after any potential exposure. It tests for the presence of the viral genetic material of HIV 1 in your blood sample. This HIV test is also available as part of our Early Detection Screen.
26-Day Instant HIV Test (4th Generation)
This test is highly accurate at 26 days after potential exposure to HIV. It combines testing for HIV 1 and 2 antibodies, and the p24 antigen. Using a single blood sample, you will receive your results within 30 minutes while you wait at the clinic. The Better2Know Instant HIV test is the only 4th Generation Instant HIV test available.
90-Day HIV Test (3rd Generation)
This HIV test, which detects HIV antibodies only, is suitable for exposure that occured at least 3 months ago. It is the standard test offered by many sexual health clinics. Better2Know does not offer the 90-day test anymore as it is no longer the best HIV test we can provide for you.
Antibodies are produced by the body in response to disease. If you have been infected with HIV, your body will produce antibodies to try to fight the infection. These antibodies can be detected through testing by the means of a blood sample.
Middle East HIV Test Clinics
Better2Know has HIV test clinics across the Middle East. Our most popular include:
- HIV Test in Dubai
- HIV Test in Abu Dhabi
- HIV Test in Doha
- HIV Test in Kuwait City
- HIV Test in Manama
- HIV Test in Muscat
- HIV Test in Riyadh
If you choose to test with Better2Know we will not disclose to anyone that you have attended an appointment. However, the laboratory where your sample is analysed will follow national regulations in the event of a positive test. This may include providing photographic ID at the time of giving the sample. All Better2Know screens are flexible and you can choose which STIs you wish to be tested for.
Worldwide Testing Options
Better2Know offers HIV testing around the world. If you do not want to have your HIV test in the Middle East, we can help you with other locations: including London, Dublin, Madrid, Sydney and Johannesburg. The decision is always yours on where to test.
The advantages of choosing Better2Know
- Accurate Results from our accredited laboratory.
- Fast Results. Available 1 to 5 days once your sample is received at our laboratory.
- Locations. We have testing locations across the Middle East and the world.
- Facilities. Our facilities are modern and clean.
- Non-Judgmental. Our staff are friendly and non-judgmental.
Here are some of the most recent statistics about HIV in the Middle East:
- There are over 36 million people living with HIV worldwide including men, women and children.
- In 2018, over 16 million people worldwide were receiving antiretroviral therapy.
- The Middle East and North Africa (MENA) region has one of the lowest HIV prevalence rates in the world (0.1%).
- The low HIV prevalence seen among the general population in MENA is thought to be due to religious and cultural values, which discourage pre-marital sex and encourage married people to be faithful.
- Though the number of people living with HIV in MENA is low compared with other parts of the world, it currently has one of the world's fastest growing epidemics.