HIV testing options
HIV can only be accurately detected at certain times after exposure. The time between the exposure and accurate detection is known as the "window" or "incubation" period. There are different types of HIV test which can detect the virus at different incubation periods:
10 Day HIV RNA PCR Test
Our 10 Day HIV test detects for exposures that occurred more than 10 days ago. It tests for the presence of the HIV virus genetic material in your blood sample.
28 Day HIV Antibody and Antigen Test
Our 28 Day HIV Test detects the HIV 1 and HIV 2 antibodies as well as teh p24 Antigen. It is a fourth generation test. Because it looks for both the anitbodiea and antigen it is suitable for exposures that occurred 28 or more days ago.
90 Day HIV Antibody only Test
This HIV test that detects for exposures that occurred more than 3 months ago. This is a third generation HIV test, as it only tests for HIV antibodies. It is the standard test offered by many sexual health clinics.
Antibodies are produced by the body in response to disease. If you have been infected with HIV, your body will produce antibodies to try to fight the infection. These antibodies can be detected through testing after three months, by the means of a blood sample.
Better2Know no longer offers the 90 day test as the 28 day test does everything the 90 day test does.
26 Day Instant HIV Test
The Better2Know Instant HIV test is the only fourth generation instant HIV test. It will get you your results in around 20 minutes while you wait at the clinic. This has the advantage of being very quick. It looks for the HIV 1 and 2 antibodies and the p24 antigen. It is very acccurate at 26 days after any potential infection.
Middle East HIV Test Clinics
If you choose to test with Better2Know we will not disclose to anyone that you have attended an appointment. However the laboratory where your sample is analysed will follow national regulations in the event of a positive test. This may include providing photographic ID at the time of giving the sample. All Better2Know screens are flexible and you can choose which STIs you wish to be tested for.
Better2Know has clinics accross the Middle East, our most popular include:
- Dubai HIV Test Clinic
- Abu Dhabi HIV Test Clinics
- Doha HIV Test Clinics
- Kuwait City HIV Test Clinics
- Manama HIV Test Clinics
- Muscat HIV Test Clinics
- Riyadh HIV Test Clinics
Worldwide Testing Options
Better2Know offers HIV testing around the world. If you do not want to have your HIV test in the Middle East, we can help you with other locations: including London, Dublin, Madrid, Sydney and Johannesburg. The decision is always yours on where to test.
The advantages of choosing Better2Know
- Accurate Results. From our accredited laboratory
- Fast Results. Results are available 1 to 5 days once your sample is received at our laboratory
- Locations. We have testing locations across the Middle East and the World
- Facilities. Our facilities are modern and clean
- Non-Judgmental. Our staff are friendly and non-judgmental
Here are some of the most recent statistics about HIV in the Middle East:
- There are over 36 million people living with HIV worldwide including men, women and children
- In 2018 over 16 million people worldwide were receiving antiretroviral therapy
- The Middle East and North Africa (MENA) region has one of the lowest HIV prevalence rates in the world (0.1%)'
- The low HIV prevalence seen among the general population in MENA is thought to be due to religious and cultural values, which discourage pre-marital sex [and] encourage married people to be faithful'
- Though the number of people living with HIV in MENA is low compared with other parts of the world, it currently has one of the world's fastest growing epidemics.