There are lots of reasons to have an STI Test
We provide a full range of sexual health screening options, testing for the most common STIs. You should consider having a Better2Know STI Screen if one of the following applies to you:
- You recently had a risky sexual incident which you are worried about.
- You have symptoms which could be a sexually transmitted infection or disease (STI or STD).
- You are about to start a new relationship and want to know your sexual health status.
- You just want overall peace of mind.
Which STIs are included in my screen?
Better2Know's range of STI screens combines testing for different STIs. We also offer individual tests, and tests with instant results. Please click on the links below to see exactly what tests are included in each of our screens:
Your Better2Know screens are designed by our specialist medical team. All screens include:
- All your STI testing at our laboratory
- A doctor's consultation if you test positive
- Fast results reported to you online as soon as they are ready, 24 hours a day, 7 days a week
- 24/7 customer service
- Counselling, access to treatment and onward referral if you do test positive
All our STI tests are also available individually or as an additional test to an STI screen. This means you can design your own combination of tests if you prefer.
Please note that results times are from when the sample is received in our testing laboratory. It may take shorter or longer depending on your testing location, tests taken and time of testing.
When can I have an STI Test?
For an accurate result, all STD or STI tests need a minimum window or incubation period. This is the time between the incident that you are concerned about, and the time of the test.
If you have a test too soon, an infection that you have may not be detected, and you may test negative when you are not. For accurate results, it is important that you are honest about your incubation period.
There is no maximum time period for testing. You do not have to be tested on any exact date once you have reached the minimum time. Most people do not have any symptoms if they have an STD or STI so it is important to test regularly.
STI tests available at any time when you have symptoms:
- Blemish Screen - to establish if the cause of a swab of a visible wart, spot or blemish is due to syphilis, HPV/Genital Warts and Herpes I/II
- Herpes I/II by swab or urine
- HPV/ Genital Warts if you have a suspected wart
STI tests available at any time:
- Women only: High Vaginal Swab
- Women only: Comprehensive Cervical Screen (PAP Smear with HPV)
- Women only: PAP Smear for Cervical Cancer
- Women only: HPV typed DNA
STI tests available 10 days after any incident:
- Early Detection Screen for Hepatitis B, Hepatitis C and HIV
- Hepatitis C
STI tests available 14 days after any incident:
- Early Platinum Screen (using the Early Detection Screen for Hepatitis B, Hepatitis C and HIV)
- Comfort Screen
- Peace of Mind Screen
- Chlamydia and Gonorrhoea
STI tests available from 28 days after any incident:
- Platinum Screen
- Full Screen
- Hepatitis Screen
- HIV I/II and p24 antigen test
- Hepatitis B
- Herpes I/II without symptoms
If you choose to test with Better2Know we will not disclose to anyone that you have attended an appointment. However, the laboratory where your sample is analysed will follow national regulations in the event of a positive test. This may include providing photographic ID at the time of giving the sample. All Better2Know screens are flexible and you can choose which STIs you wish to be tested for.