Better2Know’s Comprehensive Cervical Screen is designed for women who are concerned about HPV or Cervical Cancer. This confidential sexual health testing option is available at selected private STI clinics in the Middle East.
This screen will provide fast, accurate results and a comprehensive view of your cervical health. Early detection and treatment are key to preventing the decline of your long term health, as a result of an untreated infection. Get tested today for the peace of mind you deserve regarding your cervical health.
What does the Comprehensive Cervical Screen test for?
The Comprehensive Cervical Screen detects:
- Changes to the cell lining of the cervix, which may be the result of an HPV or Cervical Cancer infection.
- The Comprehensive Cervical Screen combines a PAP smear test and an HPV test to give you a thorough view of your cervical health.
- Your confidential Cervical Screen will detect any abnormal changes to the cells lining the cervix (a narrow passage at the lower end of the uterus). The detection of unusual cells on the cervix can help prevent Cervical Cancer.
- Better2Know’s Comprehensive Cervical Screen will also detect the presence of any infection with the HPV virus. We test for 15 high-risk types of HPV, as well as 5 low-risk strains of HPV. These include HPV types 6, 11, 16 and 18.
- High-risk HPV strains 16 and 18 are commonly associated with causing most Cervical Cancer cases.
- HPV types 6 and 11 cause 90% of all Genital Warts – a common sexually transmitted infection – and are low-risk strains of HPV.
What samples are needed?
For your confidential Cervical Screen, a swab sample will be taken from your cervix for swift, efficient testing.
Once you have arrived at one of Better2Know’s private sexual health clinics in the Middle East, you will be seen by a qualified doctor or clinician. Before sample collection, you can ask any additional questions you may have. Your private doctor or clinician will also go through the sampling process.
Following this, you will be asked to remove your underwear. It is advised to wear a skirt or dress at your private appointment for your convenience. A speculum will be inserted gently to open the vagina, enabling your clinician or doctor to see and collect your sample. This does not hurt but may be uncomfortable.
A small brush will then be used to collect a sample of cells from your cervix. Better2Know’s doctor or clinician will send your sample to our highly accredited laboratory for testing.
How will I get my results?
Better2Know’s experienced sexual health advisors will contact you when all your results are ready to report, unless you would rather get in touch with us instead. You can choose the method of communication: email, text, or phone call.
You can also monitor the progress of your confidential results in your secure patient area on the Better2Know website. This area not only displays your results as soon as they are available, but also gives you access to our STI factsheets. So, you can find out more about sexually transmitted infections at any time.
Simply log in with the details your highly trained sexual health advisor will provide following confirmation of your private booking.
What if I test positive?
If your Cervical Screen reports a cervical cell abnormality, or you are positive for HPV, Better2Know will help you to access the treatment and guidance you need.
Doctor’s consultations can be arranged at our private STI clinics throughout the Middle East. Our skilled doctors can help you understand your diagnosis and go through your next steps. We can also refer you to a specialist, who will provide additional advice on treatment moving forward.
How do I book?
To arrange your private Comprehensive Cervical Screen today, simply telephone Better2Know’s dedicated sexual health advisors using the number listed above. Your Better2Know advisor will be more than happy to answer any further questions, before arranging your confidential appointment. Lines are open 24/7.
Alternatively, select the Book Now button to take control of your sexual health now. Better2Know’s online booking system enables you to organise your private appointment whenever it is convenient for you.